What Is My IP Address?
WhatIsMyIP is a IP tool to shows your REAL IP address information.
Knowing your IP address is crucial for online gaming, tech support, using remote desktop connections, connecting to a security camera DVR, anonymity or even running an email server.
We provide FREE IP address lookup tool to check the location of any entered IPv4 / IPv6 Address. Not only location, but it also points the pin on the Google map.
What Is An IP Address?
This number is an exclusive number on all information technology devices (PCs, Phones, printers, routers, modems, etc) use which identifies and allows them the ability to communicate with each other on a computer network like 22.214.171.124
What Is IPv6?
IPv6 or Internet Protocol version 6 is the replacement for IPv4 address. An IPv6 address looks like this 2a03:2880:f10d:83:face:b00c::25de
and an IPv4 addresses looks like this 126.96.36.199
How To Hide My IP Address?
You can use VPN
or Proxy Server
to hide your real IP address.
Please note that these methods may hide your IP address to allow you to surf the web with more anonymity. But there is not really a way to be completely anonymous when connecting to the internet.
Your ISP providers can still record your activity and IP address. So do not participate in any sort of illegal activity.
Google Search Relating to "Hide My IP Address"
How to Change Your IP Address?
There are some simple ways to change your IP address, which we’ll go over first before diving into device-specific options: Switch to a different network, Reset your modem, Connect via Virtual Private Network (VPN), Use a proxy server, Contact your ISP
Google Search Relating to "How to Change Your IP Address"
Why should I use a VPN?
Do you know? When you use the Internet or an APP on your phone, every move you are making tracked by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
ISP provides you a public IP address that ultimately traced to your physical location and sell to advertising companies that will know your every move online.
Additionally, your online activities are vulnerable to hacking attacks when using unsecured networks. Lastly, websites consequently blocked or censored depending on the region or country of your IP address.
Using a VPN or Virtual Private Network, can solve these problems by protecting your security and privacy online from tracking by anyone. VPNs are like online cloaking devices that protect you from a myriad of threats when you are browsing the Internet or using an APP.
When you are using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), it makes your online activities unable to trace back to your location.
How does a VPN protect your online activities?
When you are using a VPN:
- Hiding Your public IP address. The IP address given to you by your ISP hidden when you are using a VPN. Instead, your connection goes through the VPN server, and your IP address replaced by a different VPN-provided IP address.
- Prevent from being hacked. The VPN will create a secure path inside the Internet where your Internet activity travels. Hackers will not be able to find weaknesses in the network. If they try to attack it, the VPN will sense the attack and reroute your activity somewhere more secure.
- Encrypting Your connection. The VPN can also encrypt your activity so that it is unreadable to hackers. So the hackers do get into your network, they still won't be able to decipher anything from your online activities.
Benefits of Using a VPN
- You can access your VPN from anywhere, with any devices through a secure username and password.
- With a VPN, you can feel safe even when you are using public WiFi and visiting untrusted websites.
- Certain websites or services may be blocked in your country or region. With a VPN, you can set your IP address location to get past censored or blocked websites.